[PLUG-TALK] Customer satisfaction survey

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Jan 3 02:33:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 04:17:42PM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> ... Auschwitz Customer Satisfaction Survey.  ...

At least two people have rightly pointed out that the above
is offensive.  I apologize.  I find the whole spectrum of
dehumanization of others offensive, but for sure turning
living, loving people into ashes is far more dastardly than
turning them into statistics.

Perhaps I spend too much time watching movies like "To Be
or Not to Be" and "Life is Beautiful", laughing at the evil
bastards, destroying with humor what we can't destroy with
tears.  For many, though, tears are all that are left.

So again, I apologize, and deeply regret creating pain for
those who lost family to evil.  Life is way too short for
all the learning we have to do - maybe by the time I am as
old as some of those murdered in those camps should have
been, I will be more sensitive to the boundary between
humor and cruelty.

Sorry.

Keith

---