[PLUG-TALK] Uptick in Spam Volume

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 14 17:55:35 UTC 2012

   Has anyone else noticed a large increase in spam since the December
holidays? The ol' 419-type cons are coming through in more than the
Baskin-Robbins 31 flavors and are not being caught by postfix or SA.

   Is this a reflection of the recovering economy? For most of last year I
usually had fewer than 4 UCE per day make it into my inbox. Now the volume
has increased many fold. Wish I could find a common character string in
headers or bodies that would reject them before they made it in the door.