[PLUG-TALK] Domain Hosting and ISPs

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 20 20:45:57 UTC 2012

   Our ISP functions as a connection to the 'Net and as an out-going mail
relay now that Frontier Communications will not support static IP addresses.
I just received a supplemental invoice for domain hosting of the two domains
I have registered.

   What is the purpose of domain hosting? Is it separate from the DNS servers
for those two domain names that are located at namecheap.com?

   Until I make the time to set up apache here and move our Web site in-house
our ISP hosts that site for us; they provide no services for the other
domain name. At least, none of which I am aware.

   The dollar amounts are not debilitating, but I'm trying to understand what
I should expect to receive for paying these charges. Please help me
understand.