[PLUG-TALK] making/faking cheap beer for slugs

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Jun 7 06:56:51 UTC 2012

Beer traps work OK for slugs - they seem to like the smell of
yeast and sugar.  But my wife and I don't drink beer, and the
stuff is pretty expensive as slug bait.

Perhaps can toss some yeast and sugar into some food waste
and make something ferment.  Any home brewers with ideas?  Or
bad batches you want to dispose of?  We have a 10 gallon carboy.

BTW, we also use copper strips, barriers, and other tricks.
No chickens, high voltage, or lasers yet.