[PLUG-TALK] Italian Earthquakes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 14 16:40:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> That is quite impressive, both the software and the earthquakes.

Denis,

   My thoughts, too.

> Is it unusual to have such a large and prolonged cluster? Are there
> details of the source of the quakes that a non-scientist would grasp?

   I've no idea; I'm not a geologist. If you're interested in learning more
the Oregon Dept. of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI) has earthquake
geologists and will have someone who can answer your questions and point to
to non-technical literature.

Regards,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |    Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures