[PLUG-TALK] EFF encourages you to encrypt your hard drive

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Mar 9 16:49:41 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Denis> Interesting.  I am not one to feel that the GOVERNMENT is out
Denis> to persecute me for my political beliefs (although it has done
Denis> that to some persons), but I wondered: Is it feasible to have
Denis> encrypting software that responds to a special password by
Denis> wiping the disk clean, or perhaps filling the files with
Denis> harmless data?

It would be feasible, but probably not effective.  As far as I know,
standard forensic practice would be to image the hardware first, which
would mean the authorities wouldn't be too put out by my specific copy
being wiped.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net