[PLUG-TALK] Frontier Administrative Contacts?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 20 21:42:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Galen Seitz wrote:

> Have you considered ordering the new DSL line independent of your existing
> line?

Galen,

   No, I haven't.

   The fellow at DSL-Only suggested having Frontier run a new line just for
the DSL, but I think this would work better.

> You would order DSL on a dry pair(no dialtone), using a second pair in
> your house wiring. Once the new DSL connection is up and running, you
> could drop your old DSL connection.

   I need to have someone check that the second pair is still connected to
the junction box outside as well as to the DSL line entering the house. This
is an excellent suggestion; I need a telco expert who can make sure the
wires and connections are in place.

   If the physical structure is in place, then I order service from DSL-Only
on the new line (same number? different number?), get their new DSL modem,
switch the router to the static IP address, then have SpiritOne cancel the
existing service. Probably looks more complicated than it is.

   BTW, the main Frontier DSL facility is in Beaverton. That may be why your
office has had a stable IP address while here in the wilds of Troutdale
we're far enough away to be unstable.

   Do you know of a telco person I could call? The fellow I used 20 years ago
is probably no longer in business for himself.

Thanks very much for the suggestion,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |    Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures