[PLUG-TALK] Frontier Administrative Contacts?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 20 22:51:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I would expect you to have at least two pairs running throughout your
> house, if not three or four.  One of those ought to be available for a
> second line.

Galen,

   I know there's more than one pair, but I have no record of just how many
there are. One pair's for the business line (with ADSL), another for the
residence line. Don't know if there are more.

> New service. I'm not sure I'd even give them the existing number, lest it
> get touched. The new dry-pair will have a phone number associated with it,
> but it's just an identifier, as there won't be a dial tone.  When they say
> the service is up, you can move your modem over and see if the link light
> comes on.  If so, then, at your convenience, reconfigure your router and
> move to the new connection.

   Ah, now I understand. The DSL will remain on the dry-pair and will be
dropped from the published number pair. Sure, that'll work. Probably need to
re-wire the DSL outlet in the wall, though. I'll learn more Friday when
Dennis is here. Make use of my Wire Fox tone generator/tracer. :-)

Thanks,