[PLUG-TALK] local testing lab?

wes plug at the-wes.com
Thu May 3 20:33:50 UTC 2012

> wes>    I'm more interested in possibly hiring a lab with a reputation
> wes> for such things, so I can get documented results I can use in
> wes> case things get Real Bad in the future.
>
> Can you describe the "severe shock" in more detail?  Was it from the
> base part or the handset part?  What were the phones?  Were they UL
> listed or something, or have an FCCID?

I don't have a ton of details on the incidents, they employees went
straight to HR who proceeded to have a large cow about it, not that they
shouldn't, though I'm not going to press for details just yet. for now I'm
hoping this never happens again and will be forgotten. I'm looking for info
to have a direction to go in if it does happen again.

to the best of my knowledge, the shock came through the headset straight
into the ears of the people who experienced it. this is why I would give a
full setup to a lab - phone, cords, headset, everything.

I'm not sure about revealing the model of the phone under these
circumstances. there's a CE logo on the back, don't see a UL.

-wes