[PLUG-TALK] Eclipse and Linux Clinic

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat May 5 19:53:02 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 11:11:18AM -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Much more interesting: in about two weeks, on May 20 at about
> 5:00pm, the moon will have travelled a bit more than halfway

BTW, this is happening very near the dateline.  Those reading
this posting in Europe and Asia should be aware that the eclipse
starts near dawn of Monday the 21st in China, late morning on
the 21st in Japan, around noon on the 21st/20th at the dateline,
early afternoon in Alaska, and late afternoon on Sunday the
20th in the western US.

Be warned, this occurs right after Linux Clinic.  If we fail
to convert enough Windows machines to Linux, the Sun God will
be angry and not come back :-(

It would be WAY COOL if we could set up live webcams in China,
Japan, Alaska, and the US and combine their images onto one
realtime web page.  This is perhaps the first time in history
where the technology and the path of the event make this possible.