[PLUG-TALK] Rental air monitors?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri May 18 08:07:40 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

>> Have you seen this?

>> http://www.co2meter.com/products/c20-sensor-development-kit

Keith> Indeed I have, some people are hacking their sensors on
Keith> Arduinos.  I do not have the money or the time, and I don't
Keith> want to end up owning something I cannot calibrate.  Their most
Keith> sensitive sensor is "10,000ppm, 1%" which means 100 ppm
Keith> sensitivity.  The commercial handhelds measuring indoor air
Keith> quality are 10ppm, typically measuring between 300 and 1000
Keith> ppm.  Higher than that can cause headaches and other vague
Keith> problems.

The cheap approach might be to just open a window. ;-)

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net