[PLUG-TALK] Ethiopian kids - illiterate to android hackers in 5 months

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 4 23:52:08 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Mel <mel97215 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/2/12 4:10 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> > http://dvice.com/archives/2012/10/ethiopian-kids.php
> >
> > Some of my colleagues are suprised and skeptical that
> > illiterate kids with zero instruction can learn to
> > use English language tablets and understand them
> > well enough to hack them, in just a few months.
> >
> > Given cooperation and Linux (and no distracting TV
> > and school and online social networking), it seems
> > inevitable to me.
> >
> > Keith
> >
> Thank you for sharing.
> I shared the article on my facebook page.
>
> Mel

In Ghana and others parts of Africa children are learning using Edubuntu
and Ubuntu
http://newtimes.com.gh/story/street-academy-prepares-for-juvenile-boxing-show

In California the same thing is occuring with Edubuntu Desktops popping up
in Schools throughout the bay area.

--
*Benjamin Kerensa*
*http://benjaminkerensa.com*