[PLUG-TALK] Places to get odd power supplies

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Wed Nov 7 00:58:44 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 03:50 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I have a Laserjet C4779A 3000-sheet stacker with a defunct power
> supply. The power supply is a black brick about the size of a literal
> building brick. On one end is a 120 volt input jack that takes a
> standard AC machine cord like a desktop computer or a typewriter. The
> other end has a cable that ends in a connector reminiscent of the main
> power connector on older motherboards. On the power supply it says:
>
> AC Adapter
> Model K-75
> KM75G-0009-000830
> Input 100-240 volts 50/60 Hz
> Output 26 volts 4 A,  5 volts 1.5 A
>
> I verified that the cord supplying 120 volts to it is really live and
> that the output is zero.
>
> I found one online but the seller wanted $179 for it, plus shipping.
> I'm hoping to find a place that has odd leftover parts where I might
> get lucky.
>
> As an alternative, assuming I can get inside the thing, might it be
> repairable?

It appears you need a C4788-60511.  Here's a refurb for $129 + shipping.
http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/find?C4788-60511

Yes, there's certainly a decent chance it's repairable.  You might
even get lucky and discover some sort of blown fuse.  I can take a
look at it, but Keith should really be your preferred repairman, if he
has the time.  BTW, I don't recommend poking around by yourself.  It
could potentially bite you.

galen
--
Galen Seitz