[PLUG-TALK] Places to get odd power supplies

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 7 02:03:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:27:43 -0800
Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> dijo:

>On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 03:50:52PM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> AC Adapter
>> Model K-75
>> KM75G-0009-000830
>> Input 100-240 volts 50/60 Hz
>> Output 26 volts 4 A,  5 volts 1.5 A
>
>Sounds like an oddball, all right.  FreeGeek is less and less helpful
>with those sorts of items these days, but I'll keep an eye peeled.
>There's also Green Century down on Macadam, and EcoBinary out by
>Washington Square.
>
>It might be repairable.  If it's held together with screws maybe one
>of us soldering-iron types could take a peek at the next gathering.
>
>Also, I think some of the inkjet power supplies have similar specs, so
>a connector swap could do it.
>
>How urgent is it?

It's not at all urgent.

I forgot to add that it's made by Ilssan Elecom (Korea), who also make
a lot of power supplies for desktop computers.

It is held together with screws that look like star heads, and they're
very deep in a not very wide hole. I'll see if I have an appropriate
driver that will get them out.

I looked at the $129 replacement at The Printer Works (a normally good
place that I have done business with in the past), but $129 for this
little thing is ridiculous. I can buy a whole replacement stacker for a
couple hundred. And considering that this stacker has done a couple
million sheets, I wouldn't put that much money into it. On the other
hand, these stackers are damn near indestructible. They were built back
when HP still did quality.

Off to check out the election.