[PLUG-TALK] Places to get odd power supplies

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 7 15:28:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 04:55:55 -0800
Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> dijo:

>Galen> Just for your reference, if the original supply was completely
>Galen> unavailable, I would try something like this.
>
>Galen> http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mean-Well/D-120B/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduhesV8D0RIk1qT6PfaPfsPtjlbtgNU83RI%3d#spec
>
>Galen> This assumes 24V would be close enough, which may or may not be
>Galen> true.  Thus the preference for the original supply.
>
>I have a crapton of Mean-Well 24V supplies from the MetroFi network.
>Maybe you could combine that with a wall-wart 5V supply.

In further Googling I find a lot of PC power supplies. I was all
excited about substituting one of them until I discovered that they put
out 5v and 12v instead of 5v and 26v. There's plenty of space inside the
area to add multiple devices.

Later this morning I plan to get out my star drivers and see if I can
get the thing open.