[PLUG-TALK] Cable modem choice for Comcast

wes plug at the-wes.com
Mon Nov 26 20:05:13 UTC 2012

as for the modem, I support Motorola Surfboards. I used my older Surfboard
(docsis 2) rather than my newer [some other brand] because the older one
was FAR more stable. that does mean I couldn't use my phone service, which
I didn't want to use anyway.

before you give Comcast any money, please try to understand what kind of
company they are. their service is not that bad, but the way they
accomplish it, and their business practices, are a very big concern for me.
see here:

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg15911.html

I am one of the fortunate few (relatively) who could get Frontier FIOS
service. it has been rock-solid for the year-plus I've had it. I kept
comcast for a while as I tested the waters. at this point, if I had to move
today, I would require that wherever I moved to had FIOS available.

-wes