[PLUG-TALK] opinion poll: cheapest products

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Tue Sep 11 17:03:33 UTC 2012

On Sep 11, 2012, at 9:36 AM, wes <plug at the-wes.com> wrote:

> Did GoDaddy customers get what they paid for?
> Did GoDaddy customers deserve to be hurt?
> Did / do GoDaddy customers have any right to complain?
>
> The premise is that GoDaddy offers cheap products, which could be likened to fishing at the bottom of the barrel.

If GoDaddy fulfilled their TOS, then, assuming you agree with the TOS, and I'm assuming one has to, to use the service, then someone probably doesn't have a 'valid' complaint. However, customers being what they are, will complain. If GoDaddy allowed something to happen that could have been easily avoided, then definitely there's a reason to complain.

Being a network admin, I know you should never put all your eggs in one basket. There are ways to spread your DNS around. In an outage like this, redundant DNS servers would have helped, because the GoDaddy servers weren't answering at all.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net