[PLUG-TALK] opinion poll: cheapest products

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Tue Sep 11 21:45:07 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-11 14:14, Ronald Chmara wrote:
> Those of us with grey in our hair (as well as some lucky folks who
> haven't gone grey yet) remember when registering a domain name was at
> least $50 bucks a year, and then you could rent a standalone DNS
> server for, say, $50 bucks a month, and/or trust somebody else with
> being a secondary (at least) or tertiary (etc.) DNS at $10 a month.

You call that old?
There are those among us who remember when there was no monetary cost
for domain registration.  You did have to have an existing netizen
vouch
for your cluefullness.  You also had to come to an agreement with
people
already on the web to trade secondary DNS support.

Prior to that crowd were those who made a phone call or wrote a letter
or met someone face to face to make all the arrangements.

--
      Michael Rasmussen
    http://www.jamhome.us/