[PLUG-TALK] No expectation of privacy - cell phone tracking

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 13 21:45:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> If you travel and the authorities follow your movements by tracking your
> cell phone ... that's fine and well. Why? Because I judge ruled you have
> no expectation of privacy.

   Actually, it's treif and not kosher.

   Seems like a frivolous law suit to me. Wonder if Skinner would have
appealed if they followed him using vehicles; would that have violated his
4th Amendment right to avoid unreasonable search and seizure? Even asking
the telco to ping the cellular phone seems no more intrusive than asking
locals to report seeing the vehicle.

   Do K-9 drug dogs get stoned by sniffing marijuana? Perhaps that's why they
become so good at it.