[PLUG-TALK] Rain-net, the internet in Oregon in 1991

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Thu Apr 4 21:14:39 UTC 2013

> On Apr 4, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> wrote:
>
> In 1991, some of us joined together with Randy Bush, Steve
> Neighorn, and Jeff Beadles to form Rain-net, perhaps the
> first connection to the internet from Oregon.

I believe you're leaving Alan Battie (sp? on both) out of your history.  Though he may have been
a housemate of Steve or Jeff. Alan's garage was a pop with racks of modems.  It provided my
initial internet connectivity when I came to Portland.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
          Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity