[PLUG-TALK] please ignore, this is only a test

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Fri Apr 5 22:50:46 UTC 2013

On 12/14/12 07:47, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 07:23:37PM -0800, Galen Seitz wrote:
>> Converting my procmailrc file to sieve.  Using the dovecot LDA seemed
>> like a good idea when I was updating my machine.  Whether that is
>> actually true remains to be seen.
>
> Why not test with a "this message is being filtered through sieve instead
> of procmailrc.  I switched to sieve because ..."

... it seemed like a good idea at the time, and it's unclear whether
procmail has a maintainer.

Here's the contents of the sieve filter I'm testing today.  Note that I
don't really know what I'm doing, so use this at your own peril.  For
any given email, there's probably a half a dozen ways to go about
filtering it.

galen

# Sieve Filter

require ["fileinto","regex","envelope","vacation"];

if anyof(
	# Catch emails from client.
	 address :domain "From" "client.example.com",
	# Catch client-related emails from Trac system.
	 header "X-Trac-Project" "client"
	 )
{
   fileinto "client";
}

elsif envelope :is "from" "plug-bounces at lists.pdxlinux.org"
{
   fileinto "plugin";
}

elsif envelope :is "from" "plug-talk-bounces at lists.pdxlinux.org"
{
   fileinto "plug-talk";
}

elsif envelope :regex "from" "linux-lvm-(admin|bounces)@redhat.com"
{
   fileinto "linux-lvm";
}

elsif envelope :regex "from"
"(avr-gcc-|avr-libc-|avrdude-dev|simulavr-devel|avr-chat)"
{
   fileinto "avr-gcc";
}

elsif address :contains "From" "newegg.com"
{
   fileinto "newegg";
}

elsif header :contains "List-ID" "help-make"
{
     fileinto  "gnu-make";
}

# Drop email from various homeowners lists into appropriate buckets.
elsif header :contains "List-ID" "bdra-building"
{
     fileinto  "dairy.building";
}
elsif header :contains "List-ID" "bdra-board"
{
     fileinto  "dairy.board";
}
elsif header :contains "List-ID" "bdra-grounds"
{
     fileinto  "dairy.grounds";
}
elsif header :contains "List-ID" "bdra-homeowners"
{
     fileinto  "dairy.homeowners";
}

--