[PLUG-TALK] Jetway ION-TOP as Web Server?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 00:13:44 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 11:58 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>     This is a hardware question, but I will install Slackware on it.
>
>     I have a Jetway ION-Top computer with an Intel Atom 330D (dual core) CPU.
> The specs in the users manual do not mention if the Atom is a 32-bit or
> 64-bit processor.

As I mentioned on the Plug list, I had occasion to run lshw this
morning. Something I never noticed before is an entry in the cpu section
labeled "width." My "new" test machine has a width of 64 bits. My
production machine has a width of 32 bits. Just guessing here, but I
think I have a 64 bit machine running the 32 bit version of Ubuntu
12.04. I'll have to try (on another spare drive) installing 64 bit
Ubuntu 12.04.

Anyway, here's the command I use to show me what my hardware is:

sudo lshw -html > ~/Desktop/hardware.html

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens