[PLUG-TALK] We lost a great one

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Jan 13 07:21:56 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

Micheal> Aaron Swartz - co author of the RSS spec, joint founder of
Micheal> reddit, freer of public documents is dead at 26
Micheal> http://boingboing.net/2013/01/12/rip-aaron-swartz.html

Keith> A suicide.  I wonder if Aaron Swartz made a call or email just
Keith> before he killed himself, to a person who said "Hi, Aaron.  Can
Keith> I call you back in half an hour?".  The recipient thinks "this
Keith> can wait", and Aaron, irrationally depressed, is all alone in a
Keith> black pit of despair.  In the aftermath, the person Aaron
Keith> called may be in their own nightmare now.

Those people most likely responsible are the overzealous federal
prosecutors that pushed him to it by threatening to throw him in jail
for 30 years.  Sadly, I fear they are without any remorse or other
positive human feeling.  I blame them and their enablers all the way
up the chain of command.  Congratulations assholes, you drained the
life force for one more victim and made the world a shittier place.

 http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/01/official_statement.php

seniorr at aracnet.com