[PLUG-TALK] Any diffraction crystalographers associated with the list?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Jan 16 03:55:17 UTC 2013

I am working on a large 3D phased-array radio problem.  There are
some striking resemblances between my radio interference patterns
and the images produced by x-ray diffraction crystalography.

If anybody on this list has a friend-of-a-friend who knows about
the mathematics used for turning the x-ray images into structure,
and in particular the crystal defects and measurement nuances
that make the images fuzzy or difficult to use, I would like to
talk to them.  There may be a rich vein of mathematical analogy
to mine here, and some computational fun to share between the
radio geeks and the molecular structure geeks.