[PLUG-TALK] E-mail encryption, NSA survaillence, and other privacy losses

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 23 14:07:16 UTC 2013

   Here's an article in today's Washington Post about the loss of privacy
when traveling: <http://tinyurl.com/med8xep>.

   I'm glad that I now rarely have a need to fly for business and having the
satellite radio in my truck makes the trips to clients in locations without
radio or cellphone coverage (such as 'radio-free Nevada' beyone 4 miles
either side of I-80) much more fun. When I make hotel reservations I do so
by telephone and, since they're not in big cities, they ask for nothing more
than address and truck license plate number.

   For many of us of a certain age the lack of privacy is greatly mourned and
the so-called 'benefits' of the always-connected modern world not seen. Too
bad for us.