[PLUG-TALK] NASA reports website down for "security review"

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Mar 29 21:17:43 UTC 2013

On Mar 29, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> wrote:
> Wnen I went looking for a 40 year old research report at NASA
> I got this from http://ntrs.nasa.gov/

BTW, we spent a trillion dollars gathering this information.
The tens of thousands of documents, and millions of pages,
are the distilled results of the US space program, the touted
"spinoffs" that NASAcrats have used to justify their budgets
for half a century.  Reviewing all that information for ITAR
compliance will require hundreds of thousands of staff-years.
It took many millions of staff-years to create it.

These reports were ITAR-reviewed on the way into the archives.
They didn't include any non-NASA military research, and they also
redacted information on range safety destruct systems, but there
were a lot of useful details there.  Build your own Saturn rocket!
I've found a lot of useful stuff there over the years.  So did
the (Name of Current Enemy Here).  That horse has left the barn.

Of course, it was all spiderable right up to the point that they
shut down the site.  So the most complete external version resides
on Baidu's servers in the PRC.  The Chinese probably won't make it
public, or the American public might realize the enormity of the
crime and impeach the entire government.  I'm sure the PRC would
rather hornswoggle the current batch of idiots, and not risk us
electing representatives with above-room-temperature IQs.

Please complain to your congresscritter and senators.
I don't think it will change their minds, but if you
use enough multisyllable words, their heads might pop.

(Gee Keith, tell us what you /really/ think)