[PLUG-TALK] Job advice

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sat Mar 30 00:03:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:34:39PM -0700, RIchard wrote:
> On 3/29/2013 2:47 PM, Aaron Burt wrote:
> > On the other hand, I wonder if I just want to hear them beg me to stay. :)
>
> If you're really set on leaving the company for a new  job, you
> generally should not give your notice until you have an offer in your
> hands and have accepted.

Oh, I'm defintely set (that was a joke), and I've seen enough fickle
jerkwads to know better.  I just would like more than 2 weeks to prepare,
and I know I wouldn't want to make a new employer wait longer than that.

Obviously I wouldn't give notice until I had an offer in hand, but why not
warn them in advance?