[PLUG-TALK] topic of the day ... discuss!

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sat May 4 01:36:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM, RIchard <plug at hackhawk.net> wrote:

> On 5/3/2013 12:39 AM, Russell Senior wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation
>
> Folks are free to their opinions about whether it's beneficial or not.
> They are NOT free to force the crap into the water that I drink.  Period.
> Richard

Would your argument be any different if you replaced the word "crap" with
the phrase "very healthful stuff"?  It is clear that your opposition is due
to your view that fluoridation is not in net beneficial rather than a
philosophical opposition to "They" forcing this thing on the community.  So
it would be useful to examine the cost/benefit rather than ranting about
the Liberals pushing their do-goodies on us.  If we do not use cost/benefit
analysis how else should we decide to chlorinate the water?  Paint center
lines on our roads?

This is not to say I favor fluoridation.  Alternatives to improving the
dental health of those for whatever societal/economic reasons are in need
of help do exist.  I doubt they have been seriously explored.  But if they
were, Liberals would likely get lambasted even more.

-Denis