[PLUG-TALK] topic of the day ... discuss!

RIchard plug at hackhawk.net
Sat May 4 02:09:45 UTC 2013

On 5/3/2013 6:02 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 01:42:58PM -0700, RIchard wrote:
>> On 5/3/2013 12:39 AM, Russell Senior wrote:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation
>> Folks are free to their opinions about whether it's beneficial or not.
>> They are NOT free to force the crap into the water that I drink.  Period.
> So what do you do when in every other city in the USA?
> Portland is very alone in not floridating the water.
> Do you also buy salt without iodine?

Again, irrelevant to the debate.  Just because they fluoridate in other
cities and states is not a valid argument in favor of fluoridating the
water in Portland.  I simply believe that answering these questions
sidetracks the discussion into irrelevant areas.

I ask voters to please be respectful and not mandate this for everyone's
water.  There's enough of us that don't want it, and there are
other/better ways to ensure the health of our children.