[PLUG-TALK] topic of the day ... discuss!

Russell Johnson russ at dimstar.net
Mon May 6 21:12:19 UTC 2013

On May 6, 2013, at 1:47 PM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> wrote:

> NO, it is NOT OK, and it is insane to change the rules to make
> it so.

That, sir, is your opinion.

Just as you would assert that it is your right to decide what the owner of your body (i.e. YOU) ingests, I would assert that the owner of the water system has the right to put in the water what it wants, as long as it follows the DEQ rules for clean water.

If the city of Gresham is buying water from Portland and they did not specify the content of the water in that contact, I'd say they should have thought of that prior to now.

I would also assert that the city of Gresham DOES have a choice, although it would be awfully expensive to switch. Such is life with an 800 pound gorilla. The rest of the state has been dealing with that same gorilla for decades without much hope of change. When you get in bed with said gorilla, and that gorilla decides to make a choice you disagree with, your own choices are pretty clear...

Stick around for the ride.

--or--

Create your own solution.

There may not be any other options, although I can think of others. But this isn't germane to this conversation either.

Hurling put downs and epithets doesn't make for a good debate either.

Russell Johnson
russ at dimstar.net