[PLUG-TALK] topic of the day ... discuss!

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon May 6 21:13:54 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> [...]  Used right, toothpaste is far more effective
Keith> controlling cavities than municipal fluoride, [...]

The argument I saw was that fluoridated water was more effective
because it provided fluoride exposure in the mouth distributed more
evenly across the day.  Toothbrushing with fluoride toothpaste is
providing a bolus of fluoride at one point in time, and for the bulk
of the day the availability of fluoride in the mouth is quite low.

seniorr at aracnet.com