[PLUG-TALK] Adobe ends perpetual licenses

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun May 12 15:00:54 UTC 2013

On Sun, 12 May 2013, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> Microsoft seems to have gotten away with almost the same thing.

Denis,

   Microsoft has cared only for itself for more than 30 years. When I ran
IBM's PC/DOS 6.0 I was not able to run a number of proprietary applications
because the signature was not Microsoft's. Similarly, I could not upgrade
Win3.0 to 3.1 because Microsoft would not work with anyone else's DOS. They
kept buying companies with better technologies just to remove the threat to
themselves.