[PLUG-TALK] Gurevitch Lecture tonight

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Tue May 21 18:29:44 UTC 2013

For those of you in the Portland area, the Gurevitch lecture is today at
PSU.
It looks like it could b an interesting lecture.

http://www.pdx.edu/physics/mark-gurevitch-memorial-lecture-series

7th Annual Lecture
May 21, 2013
5:00 PM, SBA 190

Dr. Anton Zeiliger
Physics Department at University of Vienna

Quantum Experiments with Photons: From the Foundations towards a New
Technology

In the talk I will start with a brief introductory review of some important
fundamental concepts in the foundations of quantum physics like
superposition, the measurement process, and entanglement. Then, focusing on
photons,  I show how these have given rise to the field of quantum
information. I will present recent experiments on long distance quantum
teleportation, on other nonlocal phenomena, and on optical quantum
computation.

Bill Barry