[PLUG-TALK] Another reason to use free (as in beer) software

Richard plug at hackhawk.net
Fri Oct 4 16:17:40 UTC 2013

On 10/4/2013 8:14 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2013, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
>
>> Your credit card number is not on file to be stolen.
>     Interesting, Michael. I suppose those 2.9 million customers are all
> individuals since companies probably pay by check or wire transfer.
>
> Rich

Well, I run a small business that gave Adobe Creative Cloud my business
credit card only 4 or so months ago.   I needed (or strongly desired)
immediate access/download of the software to get started on a few
projects.   They use the card to bill every month.

I'm not aware of any open/free software that compares to the Adobe
products available with the Creative Cloud service.  I've done some
searching and some testing of recommended free alternatives.  But in
every case, they took longer to get things done and had a learning
curve.   The free ones are fine for small projects here and there and
certainly for individuals/hobbyists.  But if your job requires these
types of products, every minute you can save on repetitive tasks adds up
in the end.

Richard