[PLUG-TALK] free Samsung T240 LCD monitor with broken backlight

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Sun Oct 13 22:51:12 PDT 2013

I have a Samsung T240 LCD monitor with what's known as the "two seconds
then black" problem, which means the backlight is not working.  I've
replaced the inverter transformer, as well as all of the relevant
electrolytic capacitors, but the problem remains.  This leads me to
believe that either one or more of the lamps is bad, or their associated
wiring.  On some flat panels the lamps can slide out the side for easy
replacement.  Unfortunately on this panel that does not appear to be the
case.  It appears to me that the entire back of the panel has to be
removed to access the lamps.  This is more work than I want to take on,
thus I'm offering the monitor to anyone who might be interested.  Just
think of the learning experience you could have.

Please let me know within the next week or two, otherwise it goes to
Free Geek for recycling.

thanks,
galen
--