[PLUG-TALK] NYC Linux Admin Job

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sat Sep 7 18:06:25 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 07:36:41AM -0700, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> The description is a bit of a hoot to read.
> http://www.democracynow.org/jobs#sysadmin
>
> Because everybody does direct desktop support and C debugging.

I've had a few jobs like that.  One also included SMT assembly/rework and
another involved both datacenter management and light janitorial work.

Working for an org like DemocracyNow! is great.  The 24x7x365 on-call, the
extreme parsimony and the passioniate-but-ready-to-snap colleagues are all
fun right up until burnout hits.

Ah, the nonprofit life:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nonprofit-fights-poverty-with-poverty,2009/

Specialization is for insects,