[PLUG-TALK] Sign the petition: Turn back McCutcheon (fwd)

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Apr 16 19:19:34 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:06:27AM -0700, glen wrote:
> Maybe y'all can help me figure out what good these petitions do?

Easy.  It keeps the booboisie busy signing petitions demanding
that Somebody Else Do Something rather than directly engaging the
world and working for grassroots improvements on personal time.
Thus increasing passive dependency on Our Glorious Leaders.

Does it strike anybody as Just A Little Strange that petitions,
formerly generated and promoted by individual citizens, are now
generated and promoted by powerful Senate chairmen?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
  -- Margaret Mead

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com