[PLUG-TALK] Opportunity for people 50 years+ to participate in a research study to contribute to open source

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 18 13:52:07 PDT 2014

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014, Jen D wrote:

> I'm looking for people who have never contributed at all to open source
> before - no bug reports, no documentation edits, no code patches, etc.
> That said, if they've *used* open source, that's totally acceptable (and
> encouraged!).

Jennifer,

   I wonder how many folks, regardless of age, who regularly use open source
software have _not_ contributed in some way. Perhaps the many Windows users
who use OSS would fit, but I suspect that few, if any, in the linux/*BSD world
fit that category.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |
www.appl-ecosys.com      Voice: 503-667-4517         Fax: 503-667-8863