[PLUG-TALK] Online greeting cards

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Dec 24 18:31:43 UTC 2014

On 12/24/2014 10:03 AM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> "Free" online greeting cards are often a sleezy way to collect email
> addresses for spammers.  Click on the link, and you verify the email
> address and "establish a business relationship."  If you aren't
> paying for it, you are the product.  Ask any cow at the feedlot.
>
> I get many of these from my less-than-clueful friends.  Are there
> any /paid/ online greeting card services that demonstrably do NOT
> sell the address lists?  I would like to give useful suggestions
> to my friends, not just point out their cluelessness.

Yes. Jacquie Lawson will sell you a 1 year membership for $12. You can
send as many cards as you like during the term of your membership. We
learned of her site sometime last year (2013) and send a few now and
then. Some cards are animated and have music.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens