[PLUG-TALK] Math question

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 22:12:37 UTC 2014

I was about to answer John's question when the posting disappeared.  As I
recall the question it was what is the distance from the 45 degree point on
a circle to the line from the center to the 0 degree point.  Assume that
the radius is of length one.  The distance you seek is 1/square root of 2.
 Rationalized this is one half the square root of 2.

The radius to the 45 degree point is the hypotenuse of a 45 degree right
triangle, the side of which is the length you seek.

I hope this was not an April Fool's joke. Where did your message go?

-Denis