[PLUG-TALK] PDX to get Google Fibre

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Feb 19 23:14:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:25:03 -0800
Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> dijo:

>There is a substantial danger that Google will become just as evil as
>Comcast, as monopolistic, and anti-competitive and more abusive of
>your privacy.

Google was founded on a principle of "don't be evil." And the founders
are still in charge and still young. Nevertheless, this is a very valid
point. "Benign monopoly" is inherently a contradiction in terms.

In my ideal world Comcast and Google, and hopefully even others, would
be able to provide internet to my house. Then I would have a choice.
And we all know that with choice the quality of the service would
improve while the price came down.