[PLUG-TALK] LO Calc Formula Errors?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Feb 28 18:00:07 UTC 2014

On 02/28/2014 09:30 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>     LibreOffice seems to follow the same model as OpenOffice.org did: copy
> Micro$oft's Office detail-by-detail. This makes me wonder if the errors in
> Excel formulae are also found in LO Calc.

I don't know about formulae but navigation in LO (and IIRC OO) does not
follow Excel exactly. In Excel, if I want to go to the end of a set of
filled cells, I can hit <END> followed by the arrow for whichever
direction I want to go. In LO, when I hit <END> I'm taken horizontally
to the last column with stuff in it. To achieve the same effect as Excel
I have to hit <CTRL> followed by the arrow for whichever direction I
want to go. So, LO is not an exact detail-by-detail copy of Excel.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens