[PLUG-TALK] T410 AC plug repair

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 19 08:30:04 PST 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 08:00:53 -0800
MJang <mike at linuxexam.com> dijo:

>I'm somewhat sure that the AC plug on my Lenovo T410 needs repair - the
>symptoms match just about all of those listed here --
>http://dc.jack-repair.com/Lenovo/Thinkpad_T410 . And the symptoms sound
>familiar when compared to other online discussions.
>
>If it weren't for the possible need to solder, I might do the repair
>myself.

1) Have you considered a docking station? The docking station provides
power through the connector on the bottom, and offers other advantages
as well, such as extra USB ports, etc. They are available used on
Amazon and eBay for less than a repair shop would charge.

2) There are people at the Clinic (this afternoon!) who are experienced
in disassembly of Thinkpads. We can at least open it up and take a look
at the power jack. Soldering is also a possibility, although it sounds
as though it needs a replacement part which would have to be ordered.