[PLUG-TALK] Cory Doctorow at Tigard and Hillsboro Libraries

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Wed Jul 9 20:14:32 UTC 2014

More than 200 people attended Cory Doctorow's presentation at the
Beaverton Library Tuesday evening. Cory will present the same talk
at Tigard Library tonight (Weds July 9) and Hillsboro Library
thursday.  He is in town for a week, his tech-savvy wife Alice
Taylor will join him this weekend.

Cory lives in London, is former European director for the EFF,
principal at craphound.com and boingboing.com, and writes excellent
science fiction novels about the future of freedom and information
privacy.  His talk is packed with ideas, his brain and books and
essays with far more.  His novels are Creative Commons; you are
encouraged to download and share them, and more encouraged to buy
them so Cory doesn't need to get a day job.

I've got my own writing to do, or I would attend the other two
lectures to meet as many cool people as I met last night.  With
Open Source Bridge behind us, and OSCON coming up, these talks
may not be the open source event of the year, but they are
certainly in the top five, and they are free as in beer.

The Tigard library is on the 76 bus line, or you can walk a
kilometer from the Tigard transit center.  The Hillsboro library
has crappy transit, a 2 kilometer hike from the Hawthorn Farm Max
station, so bring a bicycle and a map and good safety lighting -
or go to Tigard tonight.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com