[PLUG-TALK] M$ layoffs: Do more, go away!

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sat Jul 19 01:20:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 07:38:43AM -0700, Pete Lancashire wrote:
> http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/microsoft-lays-off-thousands-with-bad-memo.html

The first sentence of this layoff letter:

> Microsoft’s strategy is focused on productivity and
> our desire to help people “do more.”

That sentence says it all.

If you want to "do more", stay away from Microsoft.

I want the tee shirt!

BTW, I would love to see M$ honcho Stephen Elop allowed
to run for President - he's from Finland.  If he can run,
we can run Linus Torvalds against him, and whip his ass.

Linus as President.  With Richard Stallman as VP, such
an incentive to NOT assassinate Torvalds that we could
get rid of the secret service.  Just appoint Elop to
run that department, and the agents would all resign
so fast we would not need to pay severance or pensions.

One nation under Git.  I like it.

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com