[PLUG-TALK] Snowden recommends Spideroak for your cloud storage

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sun Jul 20 00:17:27 UTC 2014

At about 7:40 in this interview:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/jul/17/edward-snowden-video-interview

Edward Snowden recommends Spideroak for cloud storage.
  In a discussion (around the 7:40 mark) of zero-knowledge systems whose
  operators can't spy on you even if they want to, Snowden reminds us that
  Dropbox is an NSA surveillance target cited in the original Prism leaks,
  and that the company has since added Condoleeza Rice, "probably the
  most anti-privacy official we can imagine," to its Board of Directors.

  He contrasts Dropbox with its competitor, Spideroak, whose system is
  structured so that it can't betray you, even if Condi Rice wanted it to.

Spideroak: https://spideroak.com/

My source for all this is (visit and you'll become a person of interest to the NSA)
Boing Boing: http://boingboing.net/2014/07/18/snowden-dropbox-is-an-nsa-sur.html

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity