[PLUG-TALK] Bostrom+ Re: XKCD / Munroe Seattle Tues 9/9

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 29 00:12:22 UTC 2014

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Note - this is a double feature, with Oxford philosopher and artificial
> intelligence pundit Nick Bostrom speaking at 6. I will want to be there
> early for both lectures, with copies of both books to sign.

Keith,

   Just remember two things: in the competetion between artificial
intelligence and native stupidity, the latter wins ever time. And, the
reason the search for extraterrestrial intelligence has been continuing for
so many decades is that there is so little terrestrial intelligence to be
found.

   Enjoy your lectures ... and travel safely.