[PLUG-TALK] Technical Writer Meetup Group

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Thu Jun 5 02:26:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've started a "Write The Docs" Meetup group for the area. We will meet
for the first time on June 11 (Wed), at Puppet Labs.
(http://www.meetup.com/Write-The-Docs-PDX/)

>From a local technical writer conference of the same name
(http://conf.writethedocs.org/na/2014/ ), I discovered dozens of other
PDX metro technical writers with similar challenges. Lots of us work at
various SaaS companies that need to document features like RESTful APIs.

I liked it!

After the end of the conference, I took a chance and started the group.
My site boss at ForgeRock was happy to sponsor it.

Anyone here who wants to create better documentation is welcome to join
us. The first meeting is entitled "An Interactive Evening with Marcia
Riefer Johnston", where we will examine each other's technical
documentation, based in part on her book: "Word Up! How to Write
Powerful Sentences and Paragraphs"

If you want to improve your skills as a "documentarian", please sign up
and join us!

Thanks,
Mike