[PLUG-TALK] The Internet of Things: Hacked ... again

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 5 13:47:29 PDT 2014

   Ah, technology! Look at today's blog article by Brian Krebs
<http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/> to see what the future holds for household
appliances.

   What concerns me is that PGE has replaced all the electric meters in my
area with 'smart' ones that call home with readings; haven't seen a meter
reader here in several years. I'm wondering how long it will be before some
script kiddie cuts off all the electricity to some or all of the houses
here.

   While all progress involves change, not all change involves progress.