[PLUG-TALK] DIY Garage Bay Rental

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 6 00:52:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Gregory Salter wrote:

> Why would you need that?

   Do they also sell a flat driveway? Mine's rather steep.

> Jiffy lube costs money. as does the oil you are going to buy.

   They use Pennzoil or Ohio State and those have too much parafin in them
for me. I use Valvoline in the gas engines and PetroCanada DuronXL in the
diesel.

> Why bother a garage for something you can do on a nice day?

   I can fit the Pathfinder and the Escort part way into the garage; the
former is high enough but the latter needs to be lifted. In both cases I end
up cleaning oil off the floor. My diesel pickup I do across the sidewalk,
with the right front tire on the driveway. It, too, tends to be messy,
especially when the oil filters are replaced.

   On a lift with a can/pan underneath to catch all the oil it's a lot
quicker (no cleanup) and easier.